Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cambodia: The Khmer 'Riche'

http://cambodiacalling.blogspot.com/2010/01/exit-khmer-rouge-enter-khmer-riche.html

I just found this post/article written on another blog about Cambodia, from January of this year, about the children of the wealthy, unbelievably corrupt, so called "elite" upper class of Cambodia. Interesting read, albeit disgusting and disturbing. How do you get rid of this type of corruption? How about responsible aid distribution? What does that even mean? I don't know. This is just one of many reasons I don't see myself working in development work ever again, it's all but hopeless. The more I've read about this and similar situations in other parts of the world (especially the Middle East, check out "Sleeping With the Devil"), the more I lose my faith in humanity.

No comments: