Friday, July 16, 2010

Another Update, Email from Agii

I received an email from Agii today, updating me on what's going on with Aiman. I'll just past the email here, mind the mistakes, English is his fourth language ;)

Dear Matt,

First of all I'd like to thank for your kind feelings to my family and your effort trying to help me when I was in desperate situation. Your quick response made me and my family feel confident and think positively even the situation was not promising.

You know that I've been doing research for more than a month with a few results.
I contacted several hospitals and doctors in Korea, Thailand, India, Russia, Turkey, China, US and Kazakhstan.

Korea and Thailand gave positive responses but were too expensive for me to afford.
India is still being contacted but last decisions aren't made yet. If there is a better cance in India there is a possibility to fly from Almaty to India.

The only place which gave the most positive response is Kazakhstan and my sister is flying there next week.
Doctors also strongly recommend to do gamma radiation after the surgery and it is easy to go to Moscow from Almaty. ( there is a Gamma knife center in Moscow.)
Aiman and Marua ( my elder sister, a doctor who is taking care of Aiman ) is flying from UB to Kovd on the 17th and they will fly to Kazakhstan on the 21st of July.

Generally the surgery cost in Kazakhstan is estimated for about $10-12 thousand and gamma radiation in Moscow is about $10,000 not including travel expenses and accommodation.
But the doctors will tell if there is real need to go for gamma radiation or not after the surgery.

I am not flying to Kazakhstan myself ( I was going to go with Aiman in case I needed as a translator), but my elder sister speaks Russian, she graduated university in Kazakhstan and quite familiar with medical system there, also she definitely can take care of Aiman (girls) better than me.
Aiman's condition is getting worse and now she has difficulties in dressing herself. But her baby is in good condition.
I will inform you with the results of the surgery.


I strongly believe with all of your kind feelings and wishes my sister will be back to her routine life in a couple month.



Thank you and all the best.
Agii



I'm glad to hear Aiman will be on her way to get treatment but I still want to contribute as much money as we can to possibly help them with the costs of the operation, the gamma treatment if necessary or at the very least, to help with some living expenses after things are done. Thanks for reading.

No comments: