Friday, March 26, 2010

Bayan Olgii English Teachers' Seminar

The past two days (finishing today) we have been holding the Bayan Olgii English teacher's seminar at Laura's school, with over 80 teachers from around Bayan Olgii province in attendance. The seminar has been a bit hectic but it seems as though everything is going well and the teachers are enjoying themselves and learning a lot about new and alternative teaching methods.

I taught sessions on grammar teaching the first day, pronunciation the second day, did some ice breakers, and today I will be teaching a session on forming and running extra curricular English clubs. I have a lot of experience with this last session so I'm looking forward to giving the teachers new ideas on how they can run their own clubs and extra curricular (see fun) lessons for their students.

We have four other Peace Corps volunteers from different provinces teaching in the seminar as well. It's nice to see friends and see the teachers learning from new, interesting sources. I haven't taken any pictures but if I take some today or can get ahold of some of Laura's pics, I will post them up.

No comments: