Monday, February 15, 2010

"Tsaagan Sar" = Slow Week

So today (yesterday and tomorrow too I think) is the Mongolian holiday celebrating the lunar/Mongolian new year. Because it's a Mongolian holiday, there's no work for a few days and it also fell right on the week long school break. I have been recovering from some sort of cold that I caught last week, almost back to 100 percent now. I started working out again yesterday and I'm trying to get caught up on emails, catch up on some reading, get my planning for the olympiad done, and enjoy the time off a little bit. Laura is going to to Hovd for the week to visit the PCV's there and have some r&r. I am sticking around Olgii to try and be somewhat productive. I'll be going to World Vision to work on some of the details of them helping out with our project, helping my friend Agii with some of his private English lessons, and taking advantage of some free time to work out more and read.

I also took the opportunity to clean up my apartment a bit, sort through some things, etc. I'm going to be donating a lot of my winter clothes to some local families that aren't so well off. I recently realized that I have too much stuff in my apartment that I don't even wear or use and it would certainly be much better given to someone who needs it and will actually use it. I am also giving some more resources to Laura's library, stuff that I haven't found a way to really use in the classroom and will be better off in the library where students can use it.

Nothing much else going on at the moment. I'll update with more pictures and posts when something new or exciting happens. :)

No comments: