Monday, February 22, 2010

Rants and Ramblings from.....Kenya and Cambodia?

My friend Chris, from Fort Collins, Colorado, is a Peace Corps volunteer in Kenya, working as a math teacher and working on water projects. I've been reading his blog, getting caught up, and really enjoying it. Doing work in the future in Africa is towards the top of my list of things to do and reading his blog is making me want to really go to Kenya more and more. Check it out.

http://ctgrants.wordpress.com/

Also, I posted this under my friends' blogs list but again, here's the link to Hanna's blog. She's working hard in Cambodia, teaching and working as a leadership resident for a women's dormitory (Harpswell Foundation). I'm looking forward to joining her there as soon as I finish up here. :)

http://hannathink.blogspot.com/

Not much new to report right now. I was able to withdraw the money for supplies and materials with no problems on Saturday. My coworker Altinbek, who I'm supposed to go with to buy the supplies at the market, was nowhere to be found. I'm hoping he magically reappears tomorrow so we can get things moving.

Laura is back after a week from Hovd and it's nice to have her back. I spent some time in her library today, chatting with her and the other teachers, preventing the computer from being destroyed by a Mongolian flash drive that had 190 viruses O_O 190! , and catching up. I also met with my friend Bek today. We are trying to get the ball rolling on a couple of clean water projects for some small countryside soums (towns) and he's my main man. March will be a busy month, getting back to teaching, getting things ready for Laura's aimag (province) wide English teachers' seminar, getting the details finished for the English olympiad, and of course, working on my grant project.

I received two packages today from my good friend Andy and I now have enough Girl Scout cookies to last me the rest of my time in Peace Corps Mongolia. I'm reading a couple books right now and I've been spending some of my free time playing Diablo 2, a computer game my dad sent me last week. It's been addictive and fun playing a computer game for the first time in almost two years. I just gotta try not to spend too much time playing. :)

Pics and updates to come!

1 comment:

Hanna said...

Last you the rest of the time you're in PC, huh? You're going to finish those cookies in 2 weeks time. :P