Thursday, February 11, 2010

Laura's Project: English Library and Resource Room












I finally got a chance to take some pictures of the results of Laura's hard work. Opened in December, Laura's project, the first English library and resource room in Olgii, has been very successful and popular so far.

In other news, Laura and I met two days ago and wrote our project proposal to World Vision asking for funding for this year's 'English and General Knowledge Olympiad'. We got positive feedback and it seems like they will back this project. We are expanding the olympiad to include almost 200 students this year, who will be competing in English usage, general knowledge, mathematics and computer skills. We have the support of M20 Peace Corps volunteers and three more teachers from Agii and Scott's school, along with Laura taking a more active role in the planning of this year's competition. This competition should be even bigger and more fun than last year. We're all excited about it and working hard to get everything planned and set up.
I am still waiting to find out what's going on with my grant. I went into my work today to ask if we had received the funds yet. My boss was nowhere to be found and none of my coworkers knew what was going on. We'll see what happens tomorrow or next week.

No comments: