Saturday, February 20, 2010

Finally

Well I have good news. The grant money was finally deposited into our account, two days ago. :)

I had a meeting with my boss, a couple of my coworkers, Nurbol and another friend of mine, Kulshat, who used to be an English teacher. The meeting went well for the most part, with some confusion and disagreement about some details on the project, but after an hour or so we got everything hashed out and it seems as though everyone involved is pretty much on the same page. My boss is going to UB this week so today I need to go and withdraw some of the money for construction materials. One of my coworkers, Altinbek, and I need to go on Monday or Tuesday to purchase the materials so the labor can begin as soon as possible.

I will be taking pictures as things progress. I'm excited to finally have this money available, after months of waiting. I'm excited to finally be able to get this project rolling. If this works out as planned, it will provide students with a safe, comfortable area to hang out, study, work on homework, and have access to computers with internet and learning programs. There's a lot of work to do in a short period of time so I should be a lot busier in the next few weeks, plus I'll be starting teaching again Monday after the week long break. I'll keep the blog updated with pics and posts about how things progress. Hope everyone is doing well back home.

No comments: