Saturday, March 12, 2011

Portland





Ben and I have been in Portland for a few days now and it's been fun. The weather has been a bit overcast and rainy, which I guess is typical for this time of year but it hasn't been too chilly. Ben passed his tests today and has the physical portion tomorrow. I'm procrastinating on my homework and stressing out about UCCS sticking it to me with late fees even though I've done everything I needed to do and I was just waiting on them to dispurse my financial aid. Oh the joy.

We've hit some great breweries out here, enjoyed some views of the Columbia and the city and did quite a bit of driving all over the place. Per recommendations from my friend Murf we found a great brewery called 'Rogue' and tried some great, new beers. Depending on how long Ben's test is tomorrow, we might try to take a trip up to Seattle to visit my friend Jennie. I've never been to Seattle and I've heard good things about it from a lot of people so I'd definitely like to go.

In other good news, Hanna was also accepted into Josef Korbel at the University of Denver to study international development. Needless to say we were both excited about that. We still haven't heard anything back from the New York schools but maybe next week? Fingers crossed. Possible trip to Seattle. Next few days in Portland. Back to Colorado on Monday, starting my new job on Tuesday. No more phone calls with terrible, miserable customers. Life is good.

I hate celebrity obsessions but this video of Charlie Sheen 'winning' and 'bi-winning' is f'n hilarious. I can only hope that if I ever become famous I don't turn into a coked out, drunk, bat shit crazy douche bag. Way to be a good influence on your kids Charlie, way to go. Keep winning.

No comments: