Wednesday, March 16, 2011

NYU!!!


This week has brought so much in the way of good news. Less than 24 hours after finding out about my acceptance into The New School I just found out I was accepted into the MS program in Global Affairs at New York University's School of Continuing and Professional Studies. I was pretty shocked and surprised, as NYU was my top choice. I had to read the acceptance message/email 4 or 5 times just to make sure I wasn't delusional. I feel very privileged and I am excited about the prospect of studying at the NYU SCPS Center for Global Affairs. According to the Foreign Policy Association, it's one of the top programs in the U.S. Here's a bit more information on the program.

http://www.scps.nyu.edu/areas-of-study/global-affairs/graduate-programs/ms-global-affairs/index.html

Hanna is still waiting to hear back from NYU and Columbia but hopefully since I got my notification today she will hear back from both soon. If we end up going to New York, it will be hard to decide between The New School and NYU. Anyone have a few hundred thousand dollars you wanna give me? :)

Perhaps with my recent wave of good luck I should buy a lottery ticket.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi Matt,
Full disclosure, I work at NYU-SCPS - but noticed your post while researching something else, and I wanted - first - to say, congrats! The NYU Global Affairs program is getting really tough to get into these days, so, very cool!

And then, I know the director and faculty of the NYU program quite - I'm in the Intl Ed program, so there's a lot of crossover - and they are just simply first rate. They know EVERYONE in every field associated with global affairs - and are just all around amazing profs and, importantly, people, who can be great mentors.

Beyond that (totally genuine!) gush :) - pls feel free to shoot any Qs you might have might my way. I may not be able to answer them, but I can hook you up with someone who can, for sure!

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Kristen

Matt Becker said...

Hi Kristen,
Apologies for the delay in response. When I first saw your comment I tried to see if there was an email address or website where I could respond. Then I became sidetracked.

Now, sidetracked from homework, I am taking some time to respond, not even sure if you'll be notified of this response or see it.

Thanks for your words of encouragement, much appreciated. :) I chose NYU and will be starting in the fall.

Any chance you have an email address where I can reach you at so I can shoot some questions your way? :) Thanks again.

-Matt