Thursday, March 17, 2011

New York City Bound



Just a few short hours after I found out that I was accepted into NYU, Hanna received her acceptance to Columbia! That was her top choice and she was really worried about getting in(I knew she would). Pretty crazy to think that in a few months we will be moving to New York City for graduate school. Hanna is going to be working towards an MA in international education at Columbia's Teachers College, which is a one year program and I will either be at NYU studying global affairs or New School studying international affairs, both of which are two year programs. I have a few weeks to make my decision so I will definitely be weighing a lot of options.

I don't know whether or not I will be able to continue my MPA at UCCS after this semester but I will talk to my advisor and see what my options are. I'm also not sure if any credits from this program will transfer into either of the programs in NYC but we'll see. Outside of finishing this semester, training at Mission Possible and getting ready for NYC, I am going to try and work on some interesting projects with my good friend Travis Hellstrom, who is still in Mongolia as a Peace Corps volunteer leader. I had a chance to catch up with him tonight and as always, he inspired and motivated me in many ways. I just need to focus on managing my time better and hopefully I can get some good things done over the next few months. More to come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE!!

Sarah said...

I LOVEEEE this picture because I'm from New York. And now I'm going to use it for my AP class project. Again, LOVEEE!