Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sad News, Request for Help

I have been delayed in writing my newest blog update but I need to make a different post in light of recent sad news I've received from my good friend Agii in Olgii, Mongolia. His younger sister Aiman, who just recently gave birth, has a brain tumor. Agii and I have been exchanging emails back and forth over the past week and it seems to be pretty serious. She needs to get an operation as soon as possible and the doctors in Mongolia can't perform the necessary operation safely. Agii is in contact with doctors in Korea and trying to look into doctors/hospitals in Thailand or Germany. Because of the high transportation costs, the high cost of the procedures/medical work, Agii might have to sell his jeep, his home, and his private learning institute to try and cover the costs. I am going to donate some money to help him out and I'd like to see if any friends, family members or followers of my blog would be interested in donating some money to help. I am in contact with some of my friends who are still in Mongolia about how I can get the money to Agii, maybe through something like Paypal and then transfer it from a Peace Corps volunteers' bank account to Agii's bank account. I'm trying to get the details worked out on that but I just wanted to put up some info and see if anyone is interested in donating some money and helping out a great guy. Those of you who've been following my blog for a while have seen numerous posts about Agii and the work him and I did together. He's a great guy, he was one of my best friends in Olgii and I really want to do whatever I can to help. If you are interested in helping out in some way and would like to donate money, anything would help really, please email me at matthewbecker82@gmail.com and I'll get back to you asap with details on how we can get some money to help Agii, Aiman, and their family out. Thanks.

-Matt

No comments: