Wednesday, November 25, 2009

World AIDS Day and TIP


December 1st is 'World AIDS Day'. Peace Corps has given us a number of resources to provide our host communities with more information on HIV/AIDS and prevention. I've been discussing this with my fellow Olgii PCV's and we're going to try and put together a seminar or presentation before next week. Ashlee gave her counterpart all the resources and she said she wants to put on a seminar for all the doctors in Olgii. I'm going to print out the information flyers in English and Mongolian and take them to all of Olgii's schools before the end of the week. I am going to try and meet with each school's English teachers and explain a little bit more about the significance of the day and the resources, maybe encourage them to give at least a short presentation to the students in the higher grades. I'll post more about next week depending on how it goes.





Also, I just found out that two of my site mates, Laura and Scott, have the TIP (Trafficking in Persons) information and resource packets from Peace Corps. I tried contacting a few other volunteers about these packets because I've been wanting to put on a TIP seminar and show the video to Olgii's teenagers. Little did I know, my site mate has had this the whole time. -.- We're going to talk to our friend Kala and my work to see if we can put on at least one seminar, information session, and video showing before I take off for my vacation. I'll keep the blog updated on how that goes.


Here are a couple of links worth checking out.




No comments: