Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Joys of Care Packages


Ah care packages. Boxes full of exciting deliciousness thrown together by our friends, family members, and loved ones. No matter how many you receive over the course of your Peace Corps service, they always bring feelings of joy, appreciation, and a big smile. Flaming hot cheetos, pretzels, cheez its, combos, beef jerky, easy to make meals, and not to mention, oh so healthy 'Easy Cheese. All wonderful items that cannot be found for the most part across Mongolia (some occasional exceptions in the capital). I've been fortunate enough to receive a few care packages over the past couple weeks, plenty of goodies from my mom, dad and stepmom, my girlfriend, and even a book of great children's books from my grandma. :) The books, once I go through them, will be either used in the children's center's new learning center or will be donated to Laura's English library in her school.

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks, show my appreciation for, and show off the latest goodies I received. :-D

Thank you!



No comments: