Saturday, October 17, 2009

'Draw a Monster' with my 7th graders..





I teach/run a couple of English clubs for seventh graders at one of the local schools two days a week. These lessons are pretty laid back and fun, allowing the kids to practice their English, learn some new games, and learn a bit more about American culture, people and holidays. Yesterday we did a fun lesson that I learned during our Mongolian language lessons last year. I did a quick review of body parts vocabulary, something that most of the students know. Then I passed out paper and markers and had the kids draw a 'monster' according to what I'd describe, i.e. two heads, six arms, ten legs, wings, horns, etc. It's pretty fun to hear the kids react to certain things and to see what their interpretations and artwork look like at the end. At the end of the lesson we reversed roles and the kids came up with the description while I drew a monster on the board.

No comments: