Sunday, June 7, 2009

Last classes before my vacation


I put up all the pictures from this weekend in my new flickr photo album but the above pics are from the picnic.

Well this was my last week of work and classes before my vacation. I met with most of my students this week and we reviewed some of the lessons from the past few months and talked about what we'll be doing starting in August. I went over what I wanted my students to study and work on while I'm gone, talked about the planning and costs that the children's center needs to figure out while I'm gone, and spent time with friends.

On Saturday Laura and I took my sixth grade students on a picnic. We played soccer, football, threw a frisbee around, played a few other games and ate spaghetti and grilled cheese sandwiches. The weather was really nice and we all had a really fun time. That was the last time I will see my students and friends until late July. Tomorrow afternoon Laura and I are taking the bus to Ulaanbaatar, where we'll spend time with friends, discuss a few grant details with the Peace Corps, greet the new group of volunteers (M20's, Mongolia's 20th group of Peace Corps volunteers since the program started here) and get read to head to the United States for vacation. Laura is leaving on the 16th I believe for a couple weeks in Florida and I leave on the 23rd for my trip. I'm flying into NYC, going to my close friends Andy and Debbies' wedding in Pennyslvania, flying to Colorado for just under two weeks, flying back out to Penn to spend some time with the my mom's side of the family, and then flying back to Ulaanbaatar. I've been in Mongolia for just over a year now and I'm pretty excited about coming home to visit family and friends and of course enjoy some delicious, unhealthy American cuisine.

No comments: