Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring tease...insane winds







Well last week it was nice enough for me to go walking in the mornings and it wasn't too cold to be outside for a few hours at a time so I figured spring was pretty much here. Fast forward to this week, temps have dropped..the wind is blowing like crazy and I guess the rest of Mongolia is getting storms that are preventing any cross country travel. You think after living in Colorado for so long I'd have learned my lesson about expecting nice spring weather too early, haha.

The wind has been crazy tonight, it's so loud outside my window and my electricity has gone off twice in the past hour. Apparently March and April are the windiest months in Olgii. Hopefully it doesn't last all of April. Pray that I don't get blown away

Above, a few pics from around Olgii: First two pics are outside of my apartment, third pic is my apartment building and entrance, last pic is the Olgii theater.

No comments: