Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mongolian Computer Viruses 1 Matt's Ipod 0

Before I came to Mongolia I received an 80 gb ipod for my birthday and filled it with over 15,000 songs from my computer, my dad's computer and a couple friends' computers. Needless to say, I was prepared in terms of music....and that ipod got me through all the stressful times during training. Whenever there was some ridiculous discussion or argument going on, headphones went in and music went on, problem solved. Also, thanks to fellow volunteer and good friend Travis Hellstrom, I had quite a few episodes of the show 'Lost' on my ipod, a show that I started watching when I got here.

Recently I let some of my students use my flash drive at work and it was the recipient of some nasty computer viruses, one of which almost crashed my laptop. Luckily through skype I was able to talk to mom and have her help me save the computer. Unfortunately my ipod did not survive, lol. Unless one of my friends in UB can do something to save it, I will probably have to reformat and lose all my music. I am hoping that I can get some music from my friends while in UB and at least start my music collection again. Mongolian computer viruses are epic and devastating so the lesson of the day: be careful when putting your flash drive in a computer in Mongolia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The title should be:
Apple- 1
Matt- -200
Mongolian Virus- priceless.