Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good start slowed down by computer failure and the plague


Well I finally got taken down a notch by some sort of Mongolian plague disease virus instrument of death thing.....
After 2009 got off to a great start, my positive attitude and outlook got shut down hard times two. First of all, my laptop got murdered by some spyware and is now down and out until I get some software and my computer genius of a mother can save the day via telephone once again. Secondly, I got really sick and was in bed for about four days. I had a fever, a sore throat, was coughing and my body was really sore. It was an unpleasant experience to say the least. Today my throat isn't feeling so good, I am coughing, and I am still in recovery mode but I feel better and I was able to go teach this afternoon. It was nice to see my students again and I let them try peanut butter for the first time. It was pretty funny because I didn't bring anything to drink and they ate just bread with peanut butter and even though they enjoyed it, they made it known that I should have brought milk or water. After we talked a bit about 'American' food, I promised them sometime this summer we'd make cheeseburgers so they could try them. They seemed pretty excited about that.

Anyways, because of my computer fiasco I am not able to get online as often. This was just a quick update to let people know what's going on. Hope everyone is doing well back home!

No comments: